Cinnamon Honey Paleonola Recipe
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 cups shredded coconut meat
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ? cup honey (or more or less, to taste)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- In big mixing bowl, combine the flax meal, coconut, sesame seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir together so everything is evenly distributed.
- In a 2-cup measure, measure water, oil, and honey; stir together. Pour this over dry ingredients and use a whisk to stir it till everything is evenly damp.
- Turn this mixture into an 11 x 13-inch roasting pan—you might want to line it with nonstick foil first. Press it into an even layer in the bottom of the pan and put it in the oven. Set your timer for 1 hour.
- When the hour is up, pull out your pan. Use the edge of a spatula to cut the whole thing into 1-inch squares, and then scoop up those chunks and stir them around in the pan. They’ll crumble somewhat, and you can cut into somewhat smaller pieces—maybe 1/2 inch.
- Now measure and stir in the nuts and seeds. Put the pan back in the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes. When time’s up, stir and turn everything and put the pan back in the oven. Repeat two or three more times, till the nuts and seeds are toasted to your liking, then remove from oven, cool, and store in a tightly lidded container.
- Serve with coconut or almond milk.
NUTRITION: 396 calories; 35 g fat; 10 g protein; 18 g carbohydrate; 8 g dietary fiber; 10 g net carbs per serving.